Sunday, July 10, 2011

I feel alive

The soft breeze, dancing to the tune of the monsoons, her freshly manicured fingers exuding chill. She seducingly whispers in my ears, laughs and plays with my loose hair strands. She then looks at me with its darkened kohled eyes. The smile disappears and turns into a frown to find me laboriously punching into my blackberry. The hair strands still curled in the direction of the breeze but which go unnoticed by me. 'Damn technology smitten humans', the breeze curses.

She then seethingly turns its back on me and stealthily tiptoes in the other direction. And with renewed freshness tickles the shrub, the tree, the flowers, the lifeless dry leaves which had long forgotten the meaning of life. And all responded. The shrubs giggled while the tree swayed. The flowers blink shyly casting their fragrance in all directions. The lifeless dry leaves float along with the breeze turn a pale green as if infused with a second life. The breeze is joyous. She breathes ecstasy.

In her ecstatic moment, she looks at me who is now staring at nothing. 'Ah, finally without her technology toy'...the breeze notices. One last try and she blows, this time, a mild soft touch. The touch that feels like a gentle kiss on my cheek and I blush.

I feel alive.

4 comments:

  1. Nice one! looks like you have restarted quite some time now !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugly twisted logic,we have surrounded ourselves with all sorts of gadgets - surrogates for human concerns, relationships and emotions. We are unable to laugh and dream unaided...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What comes from the heart, goes to the heart.

    ReplyDelete