Saturday, January 19, 2019

Letter to Shreya on your third birthday



My pretty little damsel Shreya,

Happy Birthday my girl.

I have one small little ‘Hindi’ word that can be so aptly used for you – You’re a ‘pataakha’. You really are something with your attitude. But when you hug me like there’s no tomorrow and kiss me for no reason, I just melt a thousand times and wish time could come to a standstill. When you do that, I get it why people crave for children. Your love is the most comforting feeling in the world and it alleviates me of every little worry.

I fear the day when you won’t seek me or sleep over my chest. I might crib about it every morning but it’s the most comforting thing in the entire day.

While you shine bright academically, I hope you become more social, communicative and expressive. I honestly hope you learn to scale any difficulties with ease. I hope, like I hope for every child, you become independent, kind, compassionate and sensitive to your surroundings. Most importantly, I hope you are fearless and absolutely self-assured.

From a mom who will always have your back (whether you like it or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment