Sunday, January 19, 2020

Letter to Shreya on your fourth birthday


My little Shreya,

You get all our hugs, cuddling and snuggling, and you love every bit of it. Since Shivansh dislikes it, you get his share of affection too. I can’t imagine a day when you’d ask us to stop it or refuse to sleep over my chest. Your embrace is comforting to me more than it might be for you.

I’m so proud to see you so fearless and undaunted to try new things. I love that you have such focus and don’t lose it till you’ve finished the task at hand. You like to give your best go at the things you do, and I want you to remember that your sincere effort is what matters the most. You’re confident and dance and laugh unrestrictedly and unreservedly. I don’t want you to ever outgrow that.

I’d like to see you become less rigid and headstrong for everything. Not everyone will concede like your mom and dad.

You don’t leave any opportunity to boss around Shivansh. But you also love to emulate him. He masterminds the mischief and you follow. It seems you’re each other’s shadow.

Shreya, I want you to experience all the wondrous little things in this world. I want you to spread your wings, and fly, and if you can’t then you must be strong willed and relentless to keep trying till you can.

Always and forever your hugie pugie mom




No comments:

Post a Comment