Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I hate you Honey

All right so I am averse to sugar or anything to do with anything sugary (god! how much can I write about food and food checks). But for a lot of people, sweets are extremely close to their hearts. They will do anything to defend everything sugary. I have always had something against sweets (perhaps that something has been there ever since I started my weight battle).

Now take for example these indian sweets, where the poor milk is churned and churned forever till it forgets that it ever was milk. Or the most fatty ingredients are fried so deep that it guzzles all the oil till its last grain. And as if all that wasn't enough, the half dead specimen is then laden with a few kilograms of sugar or sugar syrup to make them 'calorie giants'. And for everything we then want these 'calorie giants' to be around. We have more sweet shops than the poor doctors who can treat the hazards which these giants can cause. Any wedding - gigantic giant, pappu pass - # size giant (the number of times it took for pappu to pass is directly proportional to the giant size), new car - #size giant (again the size of the car will determine the size of the giant), for the sake of taste buds- small giant. Why can't it be like, hey my sister is getting engaged so here these spa vouchers for you. Or I bought a new car so some skimmed milk for you or pappu cleared his exams so here cream crackers for you.

I am not even protecting the non indian sweets just because I have the smallest crush on them. I know a single doughnut too is pumped with all the butter I've had in a lifetime. And then ruthlessly bathed in heaps of sugar or the ever sinful chocolate. Not to even go near those cakes or pastries which are crammed with 'colored' creams and nicely shaped sugar blocks of all shapes. For selling these guilt filled chunks, the chic bakeries in posh markets shamelessly make the modest Aggarwal Sweets feel minuscule.

So honey (I actually don't mind bit of honey in winters) no matter what shape or size, no matter what color or how seductively you dress, I still hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment