Friday, June 8, 2012

Pre Vacation Phobia of Vacation Over Syndrome


I must be crazy enough to write about this. But it is true. 

Whenever we have planned a vacation, the preparations excite me more than the vacation itself. So the moment the vacation is planned, my preparation starts. 

  • Clothes (pack, unpack, repack) – Check
  • Footwear (pack, unpack, repack as per the clothes) – Check
  • Everyday Medicines – Check
  • Medicines just in case - Check
  • Download latest music for the way – Check
  • Mobile chargers – Check
  • Toiletries – Check
  • Eatables (as many diet biscuits and mixtures) and beverages for the way – Check
  • Books – Check
  • DVDs (in case we can watch movies) - Check

Just before the vacation, I follow a strict diet for the inevitable indulgence ahead. When the vacation place is being decided, I am most excited. Searching for places, shortlisting the hotels and deciding how to reach there – all of it is a lot of excitement.  But as the vacation days near, the excitement strangely lessens. And when the journey begins, I get worried about the vacation getting over soon. It breaks my heart to think that now that the vacation has started, it will end soon. During the vacation, I am relentlessly counting the hours left for the vacation to be over. 

So do I suffer from a pre vacation phobia of vacation over syndrome?

No comments:

Post a Comment