Thursday, August 23, 2012

The tragedy of an ignored king


So once lived this person called Content. Content was always told that he’s the king. Wherever he went, he was told that he is an important person and also a versatile person. Content dressed as words, video or audio and in any form was still the king. And Content appeared all over the place; newspapers, websites, television, documents and everywhere and helped strangers communicate without meeting or relay important messages and information over different mediums.  

But then people ignored him.

“What kind of a king am I?” thought Content, “always ignored and left alone. I’m always told that I am important but hardly feel important. People grapple for me when needed and then as easily forget about me when not needed. I am so powerful that I can change the fate of people, organizations and even countries. I get created in minutes and last beyond my creators and I travel as easily. I know no boundaries and take seconds to get from one medium to another. To be understood, I only need the help of a language but that too is my closest ally with the help of technology now.  I can affect the masses, change trends for the lasses (there, Content gets carried away) and ensure, over generations, history passes and still I am ignored.

People don’t know have the skill to create a wonderful me and still are creating me. They don’t realize that creating me is serious business. They create me without knowing the power I have so they copy me from here and there and put me together haphazardly. I can make such great impact if only people knew my value and handled me in a mature way. Managing me requires  logic, structure, understanding, articulation, creativity and thought. And most importantly, one has to build me for the intended audience and not for yourself. Create me intelligently and skillfully and then see what impact I have. I am all pervasive, so any field (no matter how critical) which fails to capture me skillfully, fails. I need skillful management and clarity. Treat me like a king and I can promise astounding results”     

1 comment:

  1. A very nice read Shipa...didnt know that you are such an avid blogger all these days....I love the way content is personified...great....

    ReplyDelete