Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The big WHY



Simon Sinek, I love this guy (and he’s cute too). 

As I spend almost most of the day listening to him, I am so inspired by what he has to say. I am so so inspired to find the ‘why’ do I do what I do (and trust me it’s a difficult drill). Unless I find that, just doing meaningless work doesn’t make sense. Once you are able to find the ‘why’ do I do the work which I do,only then, can I believe in it, talk to people around me about it and innately have trust of people who believe in my why. You don’t need gigantic organizations or impressive degrees to make your credentials reliable but be crystal clear about why are you in the job which you are. 

It has made me also think, during an interview (which are normally short and there’s a tendency to just concentrate on what you do and how you do it) just how do you gauge a candidate or the organization which you aspire to join. The candidates exaggerate what they do and how brilliant they exactly are, the organizations too boast of how great they are and what great employee benefits they provide compared to their competitors. But where are the whys? Tell me would you hire a self-obsessed manipulative university topper? But then at the time of hiring you are just so amazed with that person’s scores. Do you hire people because they will work for your money or really passionate about the organization’s vision and are absolutely clear about how will they contribute towards it? No one really questions or answers the 'why' during those short interviews.

As for me, I still have to start my why quest but I am definite that I will, soon. 
My Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment