Thursday, January 20, 2022

Letter to Shreya on your sixth birthday

 My heartbeat,



These letters have started to feel like those icky letters from ‘kuch kuch hota hai’ but neither am I the saree clad ghostly Rani Mukherjee and nor is there a Kajol waiting for your dad (or is there). And never will you play cupid.

And this analogy should be enough to tell you the craziness threshold your mom has reached.

I was all prepared to be the goo goo gaa gaa mommy, but never did I prepare for this six-year-old authoritarian. You may look like a diva but you’re a tiny dictator who always has answers to leave me dazed. Like when I told you to mind your business, you looked back and told me you don’t have a business. And Shivansh must walk, breathe, and move as you please.

My little one, as we continue to be stuck at home in these crazy times, I wish I can give you a normal world soon. While our childhood was all about outdoors, exploring and failing, I’m concerned that you both are deprived of all this in the most fun years of your childhood. Let’s hope for normalcy soon.

And Shreya to be likeable, stop being a bully. It's alright if people around won't do as you please.

I wish you have the most magical birthday and hope that you stay away from all the structured learning that is destroying your imagination.


Love beyond all the love in the world,

Your hugie pugie mom.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment